STAYING SAFE at the Inn
The safety and well being of our guests and our team is of the highest priority. We will follow strict guidelines from the Vermont Department of Health, the CDC, and guidelines provided by the American Hotel and Lodging Association’s “Stay Safe” program which was developed in conjunction with hotel industry leaders.
- Washing hands and use of hand sanitizer with sanitation stations throughout the inn with strict schedule of hourly hand sanitation by all team members
- Front of House Signage indicating physical distancing practices, hand cleaning and use of PPE
- Back of House Signage for employees related to hand sanitation and proper use of PPE
- Swift response and immediate reporting of any presumed cases of COVID-19 to the Vermont Department of Health
Cleaning Products and Protocols:
- Use of EPA Approved disinfectants that meet CDC requirements
- Public Spaces and Communal Areas are cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day with an emphasis on frequent contact with hard, on-porous surfaces
- Guest Elevators will be cleaned multiple times per day with particular emphasis on cleaning of buttons
- In the event of a presumptive case of COVID-19 the affected guest room shall be removed from service and quarantined and not returned to service until after professionally cleaned by a specialized cleaning service.
- Our restaurant service will include minimal in-person contact. Distancing will be observed as well as use of facemasks by front of the house personnel and facemasks and gloves by all food production personnel.
Guest Rooms and Housekeeping Service
- Guest Rooms cleaning protocols require that particular attention is paid to high-touch items
- Linens, towels and laundry are washed in accordance with CDC guidelines
- For the most part, rooms will be left untouched for a least 24 hours after a guest has checked out before cleaning by our staff
- Following CDC guidelines guests are advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups or people not traveling with them, including any area where guests and staff queue. Such areas shall be clearly marked.
- Furniture will be re-arranged to promote distancing
- Front Desk agents will practice distancing. Our front desk is outfitted with screens to support distancing while allowing personal interaction with guests. Queueing is discouraged. Upon arrival guests will be pre-assigned rooms and rooms will be pre-keyed, minimizing the length of contact.
Team members will practice physical distancing from guests and from each other.
All employees receive COVID-19 safety and facilities protocols training following recommendations by the CDC, the Vermont Depart of Labor
and the Vermont Department of Health
How To Book
For all Norwich Inn vacation packages, the following conditions apply: (1) Taxes and gratuities not included, unless stated in above packages (2) not applicable in conjunction with any other discounts or promotions (3) new reservations, only (4) subject to availability.
You don't have to stay at the big chain hotels to earn frequent stay points! The Inn is now a member of Stash Rewards; click the link below and start earning points when you stay at distinctive independant hotels.