A fantastic activity to do while you are on vacation in Vermont or New Hampshire is to take advantage of the beautiful scenery. One of the easiest ways to do this is on many of the well-kept hiking trails in each state. You can easily find many great hiking trails near The Norwich Inn and more things to do. We will walk you through the many hiking destinations near The Norwich Inn in Vermont and New Hampshire.
- The Norwich Inn is only two blocks away from the Appalachian Trail. We have an App Trail hiker rate as low as $159 that is subject to availability and blackout dates.
- Gile Mountain Trailhead is a fantastic place to start. It gets you out away from the city and into the Vermont countryside. Venture out and explore the Norwich Town Forest.
- Across the border, you can start hiking on the Moose Mountain Trailhead. It’s typically a quiet hike and will provide you with some remarkable views of New Hampshire.
- A bit farther north is the Lyme Hill Conservation Area. This is a great trail to take if you have children. If you are here in the winter, this is also a great place for snowshoeing.
- The Quechee Gorge is a wonderful place. The journey into the gorge is beautiful, and it’s only better once you get there. It’s a vast, massive, and a great location to snap some pictures for Instagram.
- Go ahead and check out the Hurricane Hill Trailhead. This is a short but exciting trail to take on. There are two loops here and a pond. It’s an ideal place to check out if you want something short yet rewarding.
Don’t Sleep On This Hiking Adventure
Hiking is one of the best ways to see some of the best sights in Vermont and New Hampshire. It’s also affordable and interesting. The Norwich Inn is the best location for you to see this all and more. Take some time to read more about the area in our travel guide. We’ve been in the area for a while. The Norwich Inn‘s history dates to 1797, located near Dartmouth College. When you stay with us, we can guarantee that you will have plenty of things to do and see. Call us today at 802-649-1143 to learn more about our inn (or check availability online).