The Norwich Inn: An Idyllic Wellness Retreat in New England
Researching, planning, and executing a wellness retreat in New England takes years of experience and practice. However, the friendly folks here at The Norwich Inn are here to help piece together a healthy, thoughtful getaway into Vermont’s sprawling Upper Valley. The Upper Valley itself is known for its breweries, beauty, and history (as well as Dartmouth College and King Arthur Flour). The current state of the world, however, has many prospective travelers thinking outside the box. Naturally, as millions of New Englanders rediscover their passion for the outdoors, the population begins to appreciate the allure of wellness travel, a rising American trend.
Plan a Wellness Retreat in New England’s Upper Valley
The Norwich Inn, established in 1797, remains an enticing mental wellness retreat in New England, primarily because of our old-world charm, proximity to nature, and money-saving specials. The Upper Valley innately boasts a seemingly endless wilderness that entirely encloses dozens of quintessential small towns, including Norwich, Woodstock, and neighboring Hanover. To ensure that your next retreat to the Connecticut River is nothing short of flawless, we’ve compiled 10 unique activities to try this summer.
- Obtain your daily dose of inner peace at Upper Valley Yoga in nearby White River Junction.
- Plan a digital detox. Take an extended break from television, email, and social media by exploring everything that the Upper Valley has to offer.
- Indulge in an exclusive package or special to enhance your Vermont-style wellness retreat.
- Spend an afternoon at Artisans Park in Windsor to support local businesses and frolic through the glorious Path of Life Sculpture Garden.
- Search for the Upper Valley’s most breathtaking waterfalls in an effort to unearth tranquility amid Mother Nature’s isolated embrace.
- Try a new, unique form of exploration, such as forest bathing, Geocaching, or birdwatching.
- Bask in the historical significance and sophistication of your relaxing guest room.
- Enjoy a mid-day picnic at a scenic overlook, surrounded by nothing but fresh mountain air, dense forestry, and the soothing sounds of nature.
- Pose in front of the Upper Valley’s prettiest covered bridges—please admire, don’t touch.
- Savor gourmet cuisine and fine wine on Jasper Murdock’s Alehouse’s outdoor patio.
Historic Places to Stay in Norwich, VT
For those of you who are contemplating a wellness retreat in New England, consider planning your expedition during autumn’s awe-inspiring peak. Whether you aim to plan a solo, romantic, or women’s wellness retreat, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our hospitality team at 802-649-1143. Our history dates all the way back to 1797; thus, we have many stories to tell. For the most part, the inn, grounds, and guest rooms tell the story through their old-world charm and natural beauty. Let us be your summer or fall guide to all things Upper Valley. Remember: We’re always here to help!