Vermont and New Hampshire nature are beautiful to see during the fall months. But the season doesn’t last forever, so you should book your stay at The Norwich Inn today to ensure that you see the fall colors ASAP. It’s peak leaf-peeping season during fall, so pack your camera and a sweater and hit the road on these scenic nature drives in Vermont and New Hampshire.
This is a great path to see as it takes you on the White Mountains Trail and to the White Mountain National Forest. It’s about 35 miles long. The drive is also recognized as an American Scenic Byway.
This drive sits against the Canadian border and then follows the Connecticut River along the edge of New Hampshire. This drive is one of the best ways to see The Connecticut River and the beautiful nature that wraps around its shorelines.
The River Heritage Tour is another scenic drive to give you gorgeous river views and the Appalachian Trail. In addition, pull over to view some quant architecture when you drive through some of the lovely towns in New Hampshire.
See New Hampshire And Vermont During The Best Season
It’s one of the most beautiful times of the year to see Vermont and New Hampshire nature, and you’ll see why immediately when you check into The Norwich Inn. Take some time to read more about the site in our travel guide. We’ve been in the area for a while. The Norwich Inn’s history dates to 1797, located near Dartmouth College. When you stay with us, we can guarantee that you will have plenty of things to do and see. Call us today at 802-649-1143 to learn more about our inn (or check availability online).
The Connecticut River falls near The Norwich Inn, making it a wonderful attraction when you visit and a fantastic place for kayaking in Vermont. We recommend you spend some time on the river or its shoreline. To get your imagination working, we’ve some great ideas (like kayaking and more) for things to do near The Connecticut River.
- A relaxing activity, while you are in the area, is taking a stroll along the shoreline. You can walk in the Rinker-Steele Natural Area, Lower Slade Brook Natural Area, or over the river on the Ledyard Free Bridge.
- Get on the river. You can find excellent fishing opportunities, or you can explore the shoreline off of the water. Ledyard Canoe Club and Connecticut River Outfitters are the places you should seek out. You can rent a canoe, kayaks, and stand-up paddleboard.
- Spend time exploring some of the rivers and creeks that break off the Connecticut River. You can check out Mink Brook, White River, and Ompompanoosuc River.
- You can also walk through downtown Hanover and explore some of the city’s attractions. You can see Dartmouth College, Nathan’s Garden, and the Montshire Museum of Science near the Connecticut River.
Enjoy Your Time On The Connecticut River
The Connecticut River is a beautiful attraction that you shouldn’t pass up, whether it’s for kayaking or hiking. But, there is plenty more to do in the area off of the River and nearby The Norwich Inn. Take some time to read more about the site in our travel guide. We’ve been in the area for a while. The Norwich Inn’s history dates to 1797, located near Dartmouth College. When you stay with us, we can guarantee that you will have plenty of things to do and see. Call us today at 802-649-1143 to learn more about our inn (or check availability online).
A fantastic activity to do while you are on vacation in Vermont or New Hampshire is to take advantage of the beautiful scenery. One of the easiest ways to do this is on many of the well-kept hiking trails in each state. You can easily find many great hiking trails near The Norwich Inn and more things to do. We will walk you through the many hiking destinations near The Norwich Inn in Vermont and New Hampshire.
- The Norwich Inn is only two blocks away from the Appalachian Trail. We have an App Trail hiker rate as low as $159 that is subject to availability and blackout dates.
- Gile Mountain Trailhead is a fantastic place to start. It gets you out away from the city and into the Vermont countryside. Venture out and explore the Norwich Town Forest.
- Across the border, you can start hiking on the Moose Mountain Trailhead. It’s typically a quiet hike and will provide you with some remarkable views of New Hampshire.
- A bit farther north is the Lyme Hill Conservation Area. This is a great trail to take if you have children. If you are here in the winter, this is also a great place for snowshoeing.
- The Quechee Gorge is a wonderful place. The journey into the gorge is beautiful, and it’s only better once you get there. It’s a vast, massive, and a great location to snap some pictures for Instagram.
- Go ahead and check out the Hurricane Hill Trailhead. This is a short but exciting trail to take on. There are two loops here and a pond. It’s an ideal place to check out if you want something short yet rewarding.
Don’t Sleep On This Hiking Adventure
Hiking is one of the best ways to see some of the best sights in Vermont and New Hampshire. It’s also affordable and interesting. The Norwich Inn is the best location for you to see this all and more. Take some time to read more about the area in our travel guide. We’ve been in the area for a while. The Norwich Inn‘s history dates to 1797, located near Dartmouth College. When you stay with us, we can guarantee that you will have plenty of things to do and see. Call us today at 802-649-1143 to learn more about our inn (or check availability online).