Vermont is up there for states that are not to be missed once autumn rolls around. At The Norwich Inn, we get to see this every year, so we know a thing or two about where to find the best locations to snap a photo or gaze at the fall foliage. We’ve made a simple guide for getting the most out of Vermont leaf peeping this autumn.
Vermont Leaf Peeping To-Dos
- Don’t come too late! Peak colors fade out by the time October ends. So look to book with us in September or early October.
- The first thing you’ll want to do is decide if you plan to walk, drive, or paddle. There’s no wrong answer, by the way.
- Rent an ATV. ATV Vermont is nearby, and you can race to some of the best areas to snap pictures before anyone else has a chance.
- If an ATV is too fast for you, take things slow with a horse-drawn ride. Kedron Valley Stables is your best option.
- Bring your mountain bike or rent one at Suicide Six. In addition, the Suicide Six trails are free to use.
- Go ahead and walk at your own pace. Vermont has some fantastic hiking trails. For starters, you can get hiking on the famous Appalachian Trail or try the Gile Mountain Trail.
- Take a breezy tour through Dartmouth College’s campus if you are interested in an urban stroll to see the fall colors.
- If you want to see it all, might we suggest booking a reservation for a hot air balloon ride? Quechee Balloon Rides LC can take you up high for a once-in-a-lifetime view.
- Before you head out, check in with the Vermont Fall Foliage Reports. You’ll save some time and get the most up-to-date information on when to see the peak colors in the area.
- Vermont is known for having historic and rustic covered bridges. It also happens to be a great place to pull over and shoot some photos.
When the Sun Sets Spend the Night at The Norwich Inn
After you finish your Vermont leaf peeping adventure, head back to The Norwich Inn for award-winning craft beer and casual dining. The Norwich Inn’s history dates back to 1797, which is why you can trust us about all the best ways to enjoy Vermont leaf peeping this autumn in the Upper Valley. Give us a call today at 802-649-1143 to learn more about our inn (or check availability online).