A Visitor’s Guide to the Upper Valley
The Upper Valley, which covers acreage in both Vermont and neighboring New Hampshire, remains a historical, adventurous, and undeniably charming four-season destination. Travelers return time and time again to bask in the natural beauty, indulge in the sophistication, and learn more about the region’s absorbing historical significance. And the most desirable location to start and finish each day is right here at The Norwich Inn, one of the top-reviewed hotels near Dartmouth College. Where else can you stay on a 200-year-old property that features elegant guest rooms, fine dining, and an award-winning craft brewery?
15 Reasons to Visit the Upper Valley
The Upper Valley requires repeat visits as each season is unique. Summer is bustling with outdoor adventurers. Fall hosts a wide variety of leaf peepers. Winter ushers in hundreds of couples in need of an extended break from the city. And spring breathes new life into the Upper Valley’s shops, restaurants, and, of course, nearby wilderness. To ensure that your next visit to The Norwich Inn is nothing short of flawless, we’ve compiled 15 unique reasons to visit Norwich this year (regardless of the season).
- Tour Dartmouth College, with a Stop at the Hood Museum of Art
- Pose Next to the Prettiest Covered Bridges in the Upper Valley
- Spend a Day at Artisans Park in Nearby Windsor; the Path of Life Sculpture Garden Is a Revelation
- Enroll in Baking School at King Arthur Flour’s Flagship Campus
- Attend Vermont NanoFest, New England’s Premier Beer Festival
- Plan a Stay During the Annual Upper Valley Restaurant Week
- Bask in the Upper Valley’s Jaw-Dropping Fall Colors
- Learn, Shop, and Dine at Simon Pearce’s Flagship Location (as seen in the photo above)
- Treat the Kids to an Afternoon at the Montshire Museum of Science
- Hike to the Top of Gile Mountain, Home to the Upper Valley’s Best Vantage Point
- Shop ‘Til You Drop in Norwich, Hanover, and Artisans Park
- A Weekend of Craft Beer at Jasper Murdock Ales, Our On-Site Brewery
- Paddle down the Connecticut River via Canoe, Kayak, or Paddleboard
- Farm to Barn to Bottle: Join a Silo Distillery Tour
- Plan a Picturesque Wedding at The Barn at Happy Hill, a Rustic Fairytale Come to Life
Historic Hotels in Norwich, VT
Whether you plan to visit Dartmouth College, explore the Green Mountain State, or relax here at The Norwich Inn, you quickly fall in love with this region’s unique blend of history, adventure, and refinement. And don’t forget that both the Ivy Lodge and Walker House boast some of the prettiest Upper Valley rentals, all of which are just a short drive (or walk) from the city’s best attractions. Please give us a call today at 802-649-1143, or visit our specials page, to book a well-deserved escape into the heart of New England.