The Norwich Inn, an Ultimate Central Vermont Winter Getaway
Central Vermont’s Upper Valley, home to the historic Norwich Inn and newly-rebranded King Arthur Baking Company, is a paradisal winter haven, particularly for those who cherish artisan ales, historical significance, and natural beauty. Start planning the ultimate Central Vermont winter getaway by browsing through The Norwich Inn’s various themed packages, such as “Romance in Vermont.” There’s nothing quite like the winter aesthetic, especially here in the rolling hills that hug the patient Connecticut River, including the early-morning hoarfrost, the icicle-infested covered bridges, and the snow-topped architecture.
15 Ways to Embrace Winter near The Norwich Inn
The Norwich Inn’s idyllic Main Street location is a short drive from the region’s top attractions, including Dartmouth College, Artisans Park, and the aforementioned King Arthur Baking Company. There’s no shortage of museums, outdoor pursuits, and culinary delights within 25 minutes of the inn. In hopes of enhancing your upcoming Central Vermont winter escape, we’ve compiled 15 ways to embrace Jack Frost’s inevitable arrival, including snowshoeing, downtown shopping, and craft beer tours.
- Explore Central Vermont’s world-renowned beer scene, with stops in White River Junction, Bridgewater Corners, and Burlington.
- Spend a day shopping in Hanover and Norwich, separated only by the serene Connecticut River.
- Plan a visit to the Upper Valley’s most absorbing art and history museums.
- “Snap” photographs of the Upper Valley’s prettiest (and snowy) covered bridges.
- Go snowshoeing in the densely-forested backcountry.
- Take a cooking class at King Arthur Baking Company.
- Spend an afternoon at Artisans Park, home to the snowy Path of Life Sculpture Garden, Vermont Farmstead Cheese Company, Great River Outfitters, and so many more world-class artisanal shops.
- Embark on a guided, shuttled Central Vermont brewery tour.
- Support the Norwich Farmers Market by preordering a bushel of locally-sourced goodies.
- Plan a wellness retreat, complete with yoga, forest bathing, and hiking.
- Sip on a famous Whistling Pig Red Ale, the pride of Jasper Murdock Ales, inside The Norwich Inn’s authentic Irish-style pub.
- Tramp through the countryside en route to a handful of frozen waterfalls.
- Walk through Dartmouth College’s snow-covered campus.
- Embark on a culinary voyage across the Seven Seas of flavor inside Jasper Murdock’s Alehouse.
- Blade along the Lake Morey Ice Skating Trail, the longest in the country. Or skate on Hanover’s frozen Occom Pond.
The Norwich Inn, a Central Vermont Winter Basecamp
The Norwich Inn plays host to countless Central Vermont winter getaways—mainly couples in need of some long-overdue romance and sophistication. Not only does the inn boast a historic brewery, a diverse culinary experience, and ample charm, but guests will also discover a distinctive mixture of accommodations, including Victorian-style guest rooms, the renovated Walker House, and the pet-friendly Ivy Lodge. And we now offer shuttle services to several nearby attractions, including King Arthur Baking Company and Dartmouth College.
To book a long-awaited wintertime escape to New England’s most peaceful region, please give us a call at 802-649-1143 (or click the green Book Now button).